~ Life is waiting ~

Just Thoughts and Feelings...Babbling on... nothing much really... :)

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Runaway Bride

i'm still awake at this time cuz i just finished a self evaluation of my performance this year... i think it was pretty easy in a way cuz my previous boss defined it very well for me..

i always tot he was a good mentor..it's a pity he has to leave.... not a tragedy as he is happy where he is now...and that sometimes matter more than what I need! It's about seeing people you care for getting their deserved happiness and satisfaction! ;)

A good mentor is hard to find...sometimes it's fate. our paths might cross again in future...will never know. I really still have lots to learn....and according to an article i read recently...the fact tt someone feels he/she needs a mentor shows willingness to learn which is a very gd attitude! Good for me!! =)

Anyway...this entry is about this show...runaway bride..an old show, from 1999.

recently re-watched the show..still feel touched. It's a really nice show...

In a way, i feel the same as the female lead...tt i do not really know myself totally..and will adapt to or change myself...and make the other person feel i am the right one for him. That's why she kept running away...cuz the person she was marrying din know her as herself...think she ran away 4 times...when finally she found someone (male lead) who knew her as herself....but she still ran at their wedding... this time, she realised that she didn't know the real her. She din even know what kind of eggs she liked...and her preference for eggs always depended on who she was with at the time. She took some time to figure out who she really was and went back to the male lead to ask him to marry her! Perfect ending of cuz, since it's hollywood! =)

So here are the quotes from the movie... 2 that I really like...

*****************
Maggie Carpenter: I wanted to tell you why I run - sometimes ride - away from things.
Ike Graham: Does it matter?
Maggie Carpenter: I think so.
[takes a deep breath]
Maggie Carpenter: When I was walking down the aisle, I was walking toward somebody who didn't have any idea who I really was. And it was only half the other person's fault, because I had done everything to convince him that I was exactly what he wanted. So it was good that I didn't go through with it because it would have been a lie. But you - you knew the real me.
Ike Graham: Yes, I did.
Maggie Carpenter: I didn't. And you being the one at the end of the aisle didn't just fix that.

****************
Maggie Carpenter: I love you, Homer Eisenhower Graham. Will you marry me?
Ike Graham: I... I've got to think about this a little bit.
Maggie Carpenter: Good. I was hoping you'd say that.
Ike Graham: [laughing] You were not!
Maggie Carpenter: I was, because if you said "yes" right away, then I wouldn't get to say this next part, and I've been practicing.
[Maggie sits down, clears her throat]
Maggie Carpenter: Ready?
Ike Graham: I'm listening.
Maggie Carpenter: I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is going to want to get out. But I also guarantee...
[starts to cry]
Maggie Carpenter: ...that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life. Because I know in my heart... you're the only one for me.
*****************

I think i am just a sucker for romance...and really want to believe in such love...? It's real ya?

That there will definitely be tough times. and in the current times, everything volatile, at 1 pt or another, 1 or both parties might want to get out - Divorce etc...

the last part is the part tt always bring tears to my eyes....regreting not asking someone to be urs just cuz u r afraid of losing the person in future juz doesn't make sense.... u hv to learn to fight for things tt u really wan. hard as it seems...when u know wat u want and u fight for wat u wan... law of attraction applies and viola, uget wat u wan...

4 Sexy Soul(s) babbling:

  • At Tue Oct 21, 08:40:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guarantee it wont be easy. I guarantee that at one point or another.
    One of us is going to want to leave.
    But i also guarantee that if i dont ask you to be mine.
    I am going to regret it for the rest of my life.
    Because i know, in my heart. You are the only one for me.

    From the movie: The Runaway Bride

    A powerful sentence indeed. A sentence which had you loved so much that it was already your signature.

    I have one for you too. Hope you like it because it's also one of my fav.

    'When the hour to die will come, although i try not to think about it. I would like to have time to say, my darling, I love you.' --- In memory of Lt Kolesnikov of the Kursk disaster.

    Nothing wrong with being a die hard fan of romance. You are a gal and mostly importantly it shows you are HUMAN.

     
  • At Tue Oct 21, 09:41:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger  said…

    Hi..I tot you disappeared!

    May I know what you mean by "it was already your signature"?

    Was that an old email signature?

    I will have to ponder about your fav...dun like talks abt death.. :(

     
  • At Wed Oct 22, 09:28:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yup, that was your email signature in the past in case you didnt notice.

    The fav doesnt emphasize on death. It emphasize on the things which all of us usually take for granted until death comes along.

    If my loved one were to be stuck in a submarine hundreds of metres underneath the sea and left behind this note. The memory is priceless.

    Cheers!

     
  • At Wed Oct 22, 11:27:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger  said…

    Yes, I rem it when u mentioned. that's y i mentioned email signature...

    i guess that shows my preference dun change tt much when i really find something v meaningful.

    hmm..ok. But i guess it also reminds us to always treasure the people we love most everyday...

    It's such a difficult thing to do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home