~ Life is waiting ~

Just Thoughts and Feelings...Babbling on... nothing much really... :)

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Sunday, July 06, 2008

A movie...The Good Girl..

This is a rather strange show... I really wanted to watch a movie at home... it was borrowed from Caiwei quite a while ago. but i hv nvr had the time to watch it... Work and a few other things fill my life...

Some quiet time at home today was really blissful.

About the movie... about this girl, she is 30 yrs old, married for 7 years. no kids. working in a supermarket, living with painter (paints house) husband. Life was simple and normal and, from an outsider's view, perfect.

She felt like a prisoner. Her life, her job, her marriage... all prisons, keeping her in. Felt no one understood her.

one day a new guy (22 yrs old) started working at the same plc. this guy looks like he hates the world and vice versa. she started getting curious and befriended him. Sharing the same 'views' and grievences about life, they hit it off and soon started an affair.

But this guy has a problem with addictions - drinking, drugs. Takes control of her using emotional blackmail.

People started to get to know about their affair and misfortunes unfolded.

In the end..the guy, tinking that he could run away with this girl, robbed the supermarket to get money. To him, with money, they could do anything. The girl made the decision not to run away but to face it all. Turned the guy in, although the guy killed himself before the police got to him.

The girl got pregnant. The husband also got to know about the affair. But in spite of it all, forgave her and accepted the baby too, even though it might not be his.

I guess this is real love, tested by a bad mistake made in a moment of weakness.

How often does affairs happen in real life? I am starting to think quite often. Somehow I dunno why...I find that affairs probably happen more often than we think they do. We just dun say it out loud in public. And in spite of that, marriages sometimes dun end up in wreaks even though 1 party was unfaithful.

That is where the true love comes in. OR is that just being weak? and unwilling to admit that you have lost your spouse to another person?

Maybe I am paraniod about true love... I think I am. Can anyone show me a real life example of true love? Wat is it? I know i asked this in an earlier post... I still can't figure it out. Even after reading the wikihow posted in the comments. I mean they were great suggestions but i need an example..some role models to learn from.

Perhaps around us are too many bad examples. When we see such things happening...we can't help but tink it's normal.

I think I am confused.

4 Sexy Soul(s) babbling:

  • At Tue Jul 08, 08:38:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm... sometime i do think that my parent are good example of a marriage..
    they do quarrel quite a bit sometime but somehow they still stick together through-out the years.. be it due to us children or the traditional mindset of "jia ji suai ji"...

     
  • At Tue Jul 08, 08:40:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think there are better examples out there also...
    mayb a good simple marriage is often not noticed by ppl..

     
  • At Tue Jul 08, 08:40:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger  said…

    But is the 'jia ji sui ji' mentality right?

    I think it should be that there is love and they choose to be together, rather than by the 'bobian' act rite?

     
  • At Wed Jul 09, 08:58:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i would think there is still some of it from my mom side.. not sure from my dad side coz he is also a typical type of laidback guy..
    and my mom did grumbled and complained alot..

    mayb women had become stronger overtime with education and dun compromise on what they think they should be getting.. ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home