~ Life is waiting ~

Just Thoughts and Feelings...Babbling on... nothing much really... :)

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Work and Work...

Work's getting me down again. How did I know?

I took 2 days of leave mid week last week cuz it was long overdue. A self imposed exile as Sharon aptly put it. I just wanted to be alone! No access to internet, work issues, family or anyone... Just me and myself. I actually dun mind work issues, cuz my co-worker did sms me regarding something at work and I helped to sort things out during my 2 day break. I mean she's new and of cuz I will help her. And it's not her who's pissing me off at work anyway... OH and when I look at my calendar, I dun see the possibility of a break anytime till end of the year again! scary, isn't it?

Ok, back to the break... I felt so good, juz taking the time to nua and nua in the chalet at Sentosa... so contented to juz lie there...watch tv...read a book...do a puzzle... Did go for a walk in the evening since there was no sun during the day and no point going to the beach in bikini... NOT tt i wanna be tanned anyway! haha... Was going to pile on tons of spf50 sunblock IF i was gg into the sun! haha...

The effect of the break was even more apparent when I got back to work on Friday! :( Work was piling up...and i had trainings and meetings to attend... hmm...one thing about my work...many things are ad-hoc...so when people ask me wat i hv to do, it doesn't seem much. BUT many small things add on to a lot of time! and to do my work, i always hv to make lotsa phonecalls, ppl come to me for information...ppl chase me for information, sometimes that's beyond my control!

By the end of the day, I was exhausted yet work remains unfinished.. :( but i couldn't even think anymore. left office reluctantly at 6plus cuz i had to catch a movie at 9.30pm at vivo (courtesy of Ivy! Thank heavens for such wonderful colleagues!) and it takes time to get thr and get dinner. Movie was great but rite after it's done, mine went back to work and what I hvn't finished.

There was 1 issue which bothered me alot. something that's very small but affects many of the other departments for some contract matters. This issue has been pending for at least 1 mth, if not 2...and it's not up to me to decide the outcome. It's regarding the appointment of people for some positions... it's the job of HoP, what can an AO do, except to remind the person in charge. As far as I know, I still have not gotten the answer yet, in spite of dozens of verbal reminders and even 1 email reminder. :( and it's affecting my work cuz ppl keep chasing me for it. And i'm sure everyone has tt problem. subconsciously, u hv a to-do list in your mind tat you constantly update and cuz this issue is still pending, u juz can't strike it off and it takes up alot of memory space... sickening. :(

And i am getting sick of having to remind the person.. I mean...if everyone i work with, need SO many reminders, can I just make that my jobscope? I really have tons of other things tt i am accountable for...and having to issue reminders at such frequency makes it very hard to focus on other work too. and it frustrates me... creating negative feelings which affects emotions at work.. and in turn health after a period of time..i tink and it has happened to people I know...work stress gets to people! :(

As i often said...I dun mind alot of work, in fact I love making myself useful...really working 6 days straight is not a problem to me at all...as long as it's meaningful work. things that make a difference to the department or organisation. I would be glad to, really. But when it comes to things I find are meaningless and redundant... I would prefer to have my rest please... like sitting in a classroom where you are on standby for things you have no control over AND/OR things that you can't help much with...i guess i'll pass..

0 Sexy Soul(s) babbling:

Post a Comment

<< Home