~ Life is waiting ~

Just Thoughts and Feelings...Babbling on... nothing much really... :)

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another piece..

I would do some acknowledgement at some point about the book I am reading now...here's another piece to share...

Forgiveness has nothing to do with reconciliation or even holding the perpetrator harmless. Forgiveness is the process of giving up resentment or anger towards another person (or even yourself).

There is a Buddhist story about a monk who was robbed at gunpoint at a bus station. Immediately, he felt great rage at the perpetrator. These emotions continued to wash over him, and by the time he got home he was crying. When the monk told his student this story, the student said, "After all you've been thru, why are u crying?" The monk replied, "I realised that if I had been raised by that man's family and if I'd had his experiences, I would have been the man with the gun."

2 Sexy Soul(s) babbling:

  • At Thu Nov 20, 08:37:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    will that be consider empathy instead? Means need empathy to understand and forgive...?

     
  • At Thu Nov 20, 09:48:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger  said…

    I would agree with you, young lady! ;)

    And I will remember to remind you not to visit blogs and facebook during office hour! =þ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home