~ Life is waiting ~

Just Thoughts and Feelings...Babbling on... nothing much really... :)

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Monday, January 10, 2005

“Letting them into your weird little world, that’s intimacy” (Good Will Hunting, 1997)

Hello…was quite a good wkend…how was urs? Had rest on sat, din go out at all. It’s like hibernating! Haha…had not felt good enuff to go out oso…and had a good show on hand to watch… nothing seemed to be able to lure me out except food..OPPS! Major Gluttony! haha… ok, show was Good Will Hunting, I know it’s like an old show, but I tink it’s real gd now that i have watched it! I din catch it when it was showing in theatres…and I din even know I missed a good show! Thankfully a colleague lent it to me recently… the dvd version…else I wld have missed a damn (pardon me! :þ) good show and I wldn’t even know! GOSH! TT'S REGRET! :þ

Maybe I’ll leave some quotes here…the reason y I was so impressed by the show…and I cried at a few points in the show too, it’s like..wat they are saying is so true… sad but true..

Come to tink of it, recently, I’ve been easy to be touched to tears huh….? Weird… :(

"You're not perfect, sport. And let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn't perfect either. But the question is: whether or not you're perfect for each other. That's the whole deal. That's what intimacy is all about."

"You'll never have that kind of relationship in a world where you're always afraid to take the 1st step because all you see is every negative thing 10 miles down the road."

"You'll have bad times, but they'll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren't paying attention to."


"If I asked you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable, known someone that could level you with her eyes. Feeling like God put an angel on Earth just for you, could rescue you from the depths of Hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel. To have that love for her, to be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping, sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the term, visiting hours, don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself."

"No, I'm not kiddin' you, Will. That's why I'm not talkin' right now about some girl I saw at a bar twenty years ago and how I always regretted not going over and talking to her.I don't regret the 18 years I was married to Nancy. I don't regret the six years I had to give up counseling when she got sick. And I don't regret the last years when she got really sick. And I sure as hell don't regret missin' the damn game. That's regret."

"I was on this plane once and the captain goes over on the announcements and he's talking about we're cruising at 30,000 feet and stuff so he puts the mic down and he forgets to turn it off. So he says 'you know what I really need is a cup of coffee and a blow job.' so the stewardess from the back of the plane fucken runs up to the front to tell him the mic's still on and this guy yells after her 'Hey, toots! Don't forget the coffee!"

Ok, the last one is a joke from the movie…was quite funny, isn’t it? haha...

Well, tink the movie did serve to remind me wat love and relationship is really abt…and more generally, wat life is about... hv to remember them though…I tink I get unrealistic whenever I get into a rs again…writing them in a blog serves the purpose…can refer back anytime! Blogging about it also allows me to share wif u guys abt the movie…and to remind u guys of wat life, love and relationships is all about…

Nobody’s perfect…I am not perfect, I prob make much more mistakes than most people…but I can see myself maturing and improving wif every relationships I had…I guess I shld be getting better? But I’m afraid that maybe I have never ever given myself away yet…like really all of me…? I’m not sure…the part about ‘loving someone more than yourself’ and I’m not even sure if I’m capable of such love?

We’ll see… :)

An all-time fav quote of mine…

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return!"
- Moulin Rouge

0 Sexy Soul(s) babbling:

Post a Comment

<< Home