~ Life is waiting ~

Just Thoughts and Feelings...Babbling on... nothing much really... :)

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The hairy issue...

I have been missing for a few days now...losing some hair over wat i can blog...haha..not really... Juz no mood to write...tt's all...today's weather (i'm toking internal weather forecast here...) is clearing again...and i got a hairy problem on hand too....

This hair grows on my head...yes...those long lush strands of mine..now they r only slightly wavy at the ends... i had permed them in April last yr, i tink. Was rather nice...but it did its toll on my hair...now my hair's abit dry... Another reason y it's dry is cuz it's long...too long...according to one too many frens....

IS IT TOO LONG? I dunno..shall take a pic and post it tonite when i get home... i mean the longest (hair is V-shaped at the back) is juz slightly past my waist. Not like very long ya..*but is the longest I have ever leave my hair though* I have seen people with hair to the floor, k! And she was holding it in her hands similar to holding a shawl, haha...I mean...y leave hair SO long...? it's such a hassle..even at my length... I can't imagine how long it takes her to wash her hair and let it dry... :( Mine oredi takes long enuff to wash and dry!

Anywayz..I'm supposed to take the advice of everyone and trim my hair... now I'm considering my options..which is the essense of today's post... considering and assessing my options to come to a damn good conclusion (hopefully with the help of my dearest frens who read my blog!)

1st option: Juz trim abit off the ends, i.e. normal maintenance for long hair. This wld result in hair which is still quite long, with the wavy ends...abit neither here, nor there...i tink...and does not solve the problems of complaining frens... But hair wld be less dry cuz the ends are trimmed off.

2nd option: Trim around 3 inches off, i.e. to trim off all the wavy ends. This wld result in rather short hair...I wld probably be crying my eyes out for the next 3 days - 1 wk after cutting my hair... Cuz it's sad to cut off so much hair which takes me around 1/2 yr or so to grow..? tt's sad k... guys and girls wif short hair won't understand... But wld be a much neater hairstyle to maintain and wld satisfy my frens...

3rd option: 1st or 2nd option + colouring on my hair. This would result in a NEW me for CNY.. i normally colour my hair reddish, cuz it complements my fair complexion, which is more towards rosy...than yellowish.. hmm...I actually wldn't mind trying some yellowish tones oso... And if i do choose this option, I wld have a base colour, prob reddish-copper/brown and streaks of orange and yellow perhaps... something striking... tired of boring hair...but not overboard though. wldn't be like bright orange and yellow la! Will consult the hairstylist before colouring, definitely..must trust professionals.. :) haha... Ok, IF i choose this option, you would probably see a brand new eye-catching me for the new year... :) But I am tinking of the cost of doing this though. had not planned to do chemical work on my hair for CNY actually...

4th option: Rebonding. Hmm...I know i received feedback that I dun look fantastic with rebonded hair cuz it's a little too flat..to complement my round face.. I know I know... But it's the most ez to maintain ma. U wld probably nvr be caught wif a bad hair day when u have rebonded hair... compared to other styles la. I nvr liked bothering too much wif my hair on a daily basis...else i wld be losing much hair liao! Therefore, maybe i wld consider this option again... Juz that the cost wld be another deterence.

5th option: Perming again. Ok, this option I juz started to consider only after last nite. I was out wif a fren to the movies...The Aviator. I'm not sure y but i suddenly felt like re-perming my hair. Maybe it was the countless beautiful ladies wif permed hair in the movie or it was the image of me wif my long permed hair in the mirror when i visited the toilet. I dunno for sure. But this option is being considered seriously today. It wld prob be trimming and perming again if i do choose this option. And oso...perming looks best on long hair too... it's so tempting..

Anywayz, i have always like permed hair, except that it's so bothersome to maintain. and I never do maintain it well enuff either, haha.. i have frens who spend hundreds on doing the perming and then buy another hundreds' worth of hair products to condition the hair, maintain the curls and wat-have-u... I only stick to my usual routine and usual hair products. maybe tt's y my hair is not as nice as those on magazines? haha...

I first permed my hair in Sep/Oct 2002. Had done it on impulse as I had juz suffered from a terrible heartbreak. Wanted to change my whole image. But it's also cuz i had been meaning to perm my hair anyway. It was juz the beginning of the ceramic perming trend and i had wanted to be one of the first ones wif the curly worly. With a price to pay, tink the bill came up to quite a bit... :( I was taken aback when my hair was finished. Hmm...it was big! haha.. very pong pong...not used to it at all. I mean it does look nice but I guess i needed some time to get used to it! Anywayz, comments from frens regarding that first perming experience was tt i look "狂野, sexy, more matured, etc..." hmm...i tink i did look wilder at tt time. nice.. haha... cuz I have always looked rather innocent...young...guai guai...nerd nerd? haha... so tt was quite am image switch.. :) But my hair suffered quite abit...cuz the chemicals made it SO dry... i had to invest on treatment after tt, to help it recover...more money spent... A long while after tt, I cldn't bear doing any other chemical works on my hair, except treatment... Then i went on to rebond my hair. So it's a period of straight and curly hair for me...as it is for many ladies nowadays... i seldom colour my hair though..

Oh...enuff abt my hairy history... now i got to start tinking abt wat i wanna do to my hair in the end... hmm...well...a final option which i had mildly considered is to chop it all off!!! I mean...sigh...it's such a bother rite? and hair is 三千烦恼丝...so the less the better? haha.. but i was convinced by my Ronn that it's not nice to be botah...cuz i jio-ed him to cut it all off ma... he say not nice lor, so i better not! haha.. :P

So frens, ball is in ur court... how shld i deal wif my hair now? It's around 3 wks to CNY... hurry k? :)

4 Sexy Soul(s) babbling:

Post a Comment

<< Home